- Rava/Semolina -- 1/2 cup
- Mango pulp -- 1/2 cup
- Sugar -- 1 cup
- Water -- 1 & 1/2 cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Cardamom - a pinch
- Ghee -- 1/4 cup
- Cashewnuts -- 8
- Scoop the mango pulp from the well riper mango.Grind it to make it smooth.
- In a pan add 2 tsp of ghee and fry broken cashew nuts & keep it aside.
- Add Rava to the same pan with 1/8 cup of ghee.
- Roast for a minute or until raw fragrant of Rava is evaporated in a medium flame without changing the colour of Rava.
- Keep the rava aside on a plate and boil 1.5 cup of water with a pinch of salt.Add mango pulp to it.
- Mix it well and add the roasted Rava to it.
- Stir it well in such a way that it should not form any lumps.
- Lower the flame and cook covered until the rava is soft.
- Add Sugar and cardamom and mix well.
- It will loosen and also take care that we don't let it to form lumps.
- Add rest of ghee and mix well.
- Add cashew nuts and mix well.
You can scoop the hot kesari for your dining decor taste..or enjoy the ready and hot kesari before you loose the scent of ghee with hotness.
If you notice always a hot dish with melting ghee is a sure shot of your dream sweet than anything else.
Hope this simple variant of Kesari gives an extra cheers on your table.