As the name says, Vaazhakkai Kalyana Curry is an unique South Indian Veggie dry curry which is usually served in marriages. This Raw Banana curry is slightly different from what we do on a daily basis at home. Again, the richness of the gram powder and coconut evens the spiciness and aroma.
- Raw Banana -1
- Corriander Seeds -2 spoon
- Bengal Gram daal - 1 spoon
- Red Chilli - 4 nos
- Tamarind - small amount
- Turmeric -a pinch
- Salt - a pinch
- Mustard Seeds
- Urad Daal
- Curry Leaves
- Hing ( Perungayam)
- Coconut ( grated).
Bengal Gram( Kadalaparuppu) Powder:
Dry Roast Coriander Seeds,Bengal Gram Daal,Red Chilli and grind it to powder form in a mixer. Keep it aside.
- Cut the Raw Banana into cubes and add it in a pan with tamarind,water & turmeric powder.
- Add Salt and boil them.
- Once boiled, take the raw banana out of the pan and wash in cold water.
- Take a dry pan and add 2 tsp of oil+mustard seeds+Ulundu(Urad Daal)+Curry leaves+Hing.
- Then add the boiled Raw banana cubes and mix it well.
- Add grinded powder +fresh grated coconut.
- Fry for a minute and now your Raw banana Kalyana Curry is ready.
Serve it with White Rice +Sambar or White Rice +Rasam Combination.