Chutney recipes are always handy during our busy hours in the morning and for tiresome evenings, especially after we are drained out sitting with the kids helping them with their studies. Carrot chutney is one of the interesting combination chutney recipes that I tried recently. Carrot chutney is very simple, easy to make and very healthy.
Carrot - 1 Big size (chopped)
Pearl onions -10
Red chilies - 6 to 8
Coconut - ½ small cup (chopped)
Tamarind - a small piece
Salt as needed
For the Seasoning:
Oil - 1tbsp (gingerly oil)
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
Urad dal - ½ tsp
Curry leaves - a sprig
Keep all the ingredients ready as it saves a lot of time and mess.
- Wash the carrots, peel the skin and cut into cubes.
- Peel pearl onions and cut into half, if it is big.
- Cut the coconut pieces and keep it separate.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai add red chilies and saute until the red chilies become crispy.
- Remove from the Kadai.
- Add tamarind in the same oil and fry and keep it separate.
- Then add chopped coconut pieces and fry it till it becomes slight brown and remove from kadai.
- Add pearl onions and saute until the rawness of the onion goes and it turns pink.
- Then add carrot in it. And saute it well. Add the salt required for this chutney at this stage.
- Then transfer all the items in the plate and cool them to the room temperature.
- After that add this item in the mixer grinder and grind it smoothly.
- Take a kadai add oil. 1 tbsp of gingerly oil after it get heated add mustard seeds and urad dal finely add curry leaves then add in the grind chutney.
- Carrot chutney is ready.