Vegetable Stew is another high variety of a veggie dish that makes a beautiful combination for Idiyaapam,Aapam or Dosa. Richness and mesmerizing aroma of coconut makes the stew a very special one.
- Coconut - 1 ( Well Grated)
- Carrot -1
- Potato -1
- Beans -8
- Ginger-1 Tbsp(grated)
- Green Chilli-2
- Curry Leaves -1 Spring
- Salt - as needed.
- Oil-2 tbsp.
Cocunut Milk Preparation:
- First grind the grated coconut with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water.
- Grind it till smooth and extract the milk using a strainer.
- Again add 1 cup warm water to coconut gratings and grind for a minute and take the thin extract from the coconut.
- Cut the Veggies to thin stripes.
- Split the green Chillies and onion.
- Heat Pan with oil and ginger,green chillies,curry leaves,followed by onion.
- Cook in medium flame,take care not to turn the onion colour. It should just be transparent white.
- Boil the Veggies with Salt and thin coconut milk along fried onion.
- Let the veggies cook ( without turning the veggies mushy) then add the thick coconut milk.
- Just keep in low flame for a minute and put off the stove.