Mango is king of fruits. Mango is a low-calorie fruit that is high in fibre and is a great source of vitamins A and C. Mangoes are a good source of antioxidants as well. Since this fruit always to my heart and soul, I always tend to experiment it in all my dishes throughout the season.
You may all know vermicelli paayasam. I picked up this simple and most often tried quick desert by all to give my touch of Mango flavored. Mango lovers should definitely try this.
Best bet on your table to see if you home leaves the table without emptying this Paayasam
Vermicelli ( Semiya) – 1 cup ( 250 ml).
Sago ( Javvarisi) -1/4 cup ( 60 ml).
Sugar – 2 cups.
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Cardamom – a small pinch.
Condensed milk – 3 tbsp.
Full cream Milk – 2 cup ( Boil and keep in room temperature ).
Making of Mango Pulp at Home:
- Use any good variety of Mango ( I tried this sample with Alphonso).
- Wash well and peel the skin.
- Cut into small pieces and add in mixer grinder.
- Grind it to paste.
Note: Usually Alphonso give a bright yellow colour and makes the paayasam a yummy look.
- Take Sago (Javvarisi) in a bowl and wash it for 2 times and add 1 cup of water, soak it for ½ hour.
- Then pressure cook the Sago for 1 whistle. (usually it gets cooked faster).
- Transfer into the pan and add 2 cups of water, boil it in a medium flame. When water starts to boil, add 1 cup of vermicelli into it.
- Allow the contents to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of Sugar and mix it well.
- Then add 3 tbsp of condensed milk into it. This gives a creamy touch to the paayasam.
- Now add Mango Pulp into the contents.
- Give a touch of cardamom( plus you can add Kesar/Kunkuma poo) if love that in your paayasam.
- Stir well and switch off off the stove and add 2 cups of full cream milk.
- Give your final touch of stir with a love ( as Rajinikanth expresses “Lovvoda “) ..hope the miracle happened on your table.
This is a keeper recipe. I made this for varalakshmi pooja and gave it to my friends. They absolutely loved it as it had a different flavour than the usual paayasam. Kids just loved it. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe 👍
Thanks a lot for your efforts and follow ups, Kamakshi.Happy to take a note that your friends also loved this.