Another bucket list item to try with Jackfruit flavour. This is another attempt to go back to our traditional snacks for summer with our day today kitchen items. Now a days, most of our kids forgot about paniyaram and this this a retro trip to Moms.
Jaggery - 100 gms
coconut -1/2 piece
Jackfruit - 6 pieces ( deseeded).
Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
wheat flour -2 tbsp
Semolina - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Ghee- as required
Water - 1/2 cup
Oil for Deep fry ( method 2)- Sunflower Oil
- Take the Jackfruit and cut into small pieces.
- Grate the fresh coconut until we have 1/2 cup.
- Take a pan and add 100 gms of Jaggery with little amount of water.
- Heat until the jaggery melts. Filter it in a bowl.
- Take a pan and saute the Jackfruit in the ghee for 5 mins and then add fresh grated coconut and saute both in low flame for 3 minutes.
- Take a bowl and transfer the pan contents into it.
- Now add melted Jaggery into the bowl and mix it well.
- In the same bowl add 2 tbsp of rice bowl+2 tbsp pf wheat flour+2 tbsp of semolina+Cardamom powder.
- Take a paniyaram pan ,heat it and add 1 tbsp of ghee in each paniyaram mold .
- Now fill the each mold with Jackfruit mix and fry int a low flame.
- Fry the paniyaram for 7 to 8 minutes on each side.
If you do not have Paniyaram pan, you can also deep fry in oil as given below.
Yes. Now your next yummy ticked Paniyaram ready to serve!!!
Wow Anitha looks yummy ll try this soon nd let u knw
Thank You Deepa
Good.I will try.
Thank you Saranya