Poori Masala is an excellent side dish not only for Poori but also goes great with Dosai. My son loves this a lot and that makes me to get this onto his table once a week without fail. A simple but delighting dish for you ...
Potato - 1 Nos
Carrot - 1 Small
Ginger - 2 tbsp ( finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 4
turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Kadalai Paruppu ( Channa Daal) - 2 tsp
Curry leaves for garnishing
Gingely oil -3 tbsp
gram flour - 2 tbsp
- Take 2 large potatoes, wash it and pressure cook for 3 whistles. then remove the skin and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the onion along its length. Cut the green Chillies also in same manner.
- Cut the ginger into small pieces.
- Cut the carrot into pieces.
- Take a pan and add 3 tbsp of oil, then add mustard seeds + cumin seeds+Kadalai Paruppu( Channa Daal)+ curry leaves and fry it.
- Then add ginger +green chillies+ Onion and fry it.
- Now add carrot + turmeric powder and fry the contents for few minutes.
- While the contents are ready to be cooked,add 2 cups of water and boil it.
- Then add the boiled/cut potatoes + salt to the pan and continue to boil for another 10 minutes in low flame.
- Now add 2 tbsp of gram flour in a small cup with water , mix it well and then add that to the boiling contents.
- Cook the contents for another 10 minutes in low flame.
Yummy restaurant style poori masala is ready to be served. Enjoy the serving with hot Poori....