Capsicum boosts the immune system in our body and also have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body. Nutritious chutney recipe made with Red Capsicum or Red Bell Pepper. You can make this Chutney with green or yellow capsicum also. Do note that the flavor and taste varies.
- Red Capsicum - 1 (Big Size)
- Onion -1 (Small Size)
- Tomato -1 ( Small Size)
- Red Chilli -3
- Tamarind - Small amount
- Asafoetida(hing/Perungaayam) - a pinch.
- Ground nut - 1 small cup roasted.
- Garlic -2
- 2 Tsp Gingeley/Sesame oil.
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds.
- 1/2 Tsp Urad daal (ulundu)
- 4 or 5 Curry leaves.
- First Dry roast the groundnuts, peel it and keep aside in a plate.
- Chop the Red Capsicum, Onion, Garlic.
- Add sesame oil in the pan and then add red chilli in oil.
- Then add Onion,fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Red Capsicum and Garlic and fry for a minute.
- Remove from pan and put it on a plate for cooling down.
- In a Mixer, add the cooled items with Salt and grind it.
- Now mix the tempered items along with the mixture in a pan.
Yummy chutney is ready to serve. This chutney best suits for Idli or Dosa.