A very healthy recipe Varagu Arisi /Kodo Millet Idli is very good for Diabetic and an alternate to reduce carb.
- Idli Rice - 1 cup ( 200 gms)
- Varagu Arisi/Kodo Millet -1 cup ( 200 gms)
- Vellai Ulundu/Urad Daal - 1/2 cup (100 gms)
Salt to taste.
Steps to Make:
- Soak Varagu Arisi and Idli Rice together. Millets will turn into a pale white colour when you soak in water. Wash them well twice or thrice.
- Soak Ulundu/Urad Daal separately.
- Allow all the ingredients to soak for about 4 hours.
- First grind the Ulundu/Urad Daal into a smooth paste and then grind Varagu+Idli rice mix.
- The grinded Ulundu should be like a butter. Since we have grinded it first,it will ferment.
- Now mix the Ulundu batter and Varagu+Idli Rice batter together and mix well.
- Add Salt to taste and stir well. You can also add Salt while grinding.
- The batter will need to be kept aside for about 6 to 8 hours for fermenting.
- Now the batter is ready to make soft & a more healthy Idli.
Very good first post.Keep going
Wow.. This one I remember, had tasted this delicious recipe..
Thank you for sharing ..