Jeera rice is a popular Indian and Pakistani dish consisting of rice and cumin seeds. . It is very simple and easy rice recipe.
Basmati Rice - 1 cup(200 gms)
Cinnamon -2 nos
Cloves - 2 nos
Bay leaf - 2 nos
Cardamom - 2 nos
Green chilli - 2 nos
Onion - 1(big finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
water - 1 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Soak 1 cup of Basmati rice for 30 Mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp of Ghee and 1 tbsp of oil in the cooker.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf to add flavour.
- Add the fine chopped Onion and green chilli.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- Add the cumin/ jeera seeds.
- Now add soaked Basmati rice to the cooker.
- Mix for a minute and add salt to taste.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk + 1 cup of water and mix it well.
- Close the lid and cook for 2 Whistle.
Jeera rice is ready to be served.